We’re almost ready! We’re so excited to be back in the office. The team spent the day prepping the office and getting ready to see patients.
We ask that unless you have an emergency, please wait until we contact you, rather than calling us! Our poor Trish and Anita have soo many emergency calls at this time, and are busy calling our patients to schedule them.
At this time we are only able to schedule certain types of appointments, and we will reach out when we are able to schedule your next appointment.
Thanks for trusting us and this process!
Dear Lo-Elliott Families,
We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over these past few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal routines, though we recognize that these may be different than they were before! Throughout our temporary physical office closure, we have been working every day to stay in touch with our patients with virtual check-ins. We have also been supporting our community front-line workers through things like our pizza lunch runs and creating new systems to allow for a smooth transition back to our practice.
The health and safety of our patients, team and community have always been a priority. Now that our provincial health authority has released specific guidelines, all of which we have prepared for, we want to let you know about the most significant changes you will see in our office when we reopen. These measures take into account all of the latest recommendations and also feature a “step up” in protocol where we feel is appropriate.
As we head back to work, the transition requires our emergency and urgent care patients to be seen initially. We appreciate your patience with your next appointment as some of you cannot be seen immediately, but rest assured we will do our very best to ensure your treatment continues as quickly as possible toward that beautiful healthy end result SMILE!
Please take time to familiarize yourself with the following Lo-Elliott office protocols:
Before your appointment:
1. We will be screening our patients for symptoms of Covid-19 and ask that any patients who have any Covid-like symptoms, have been exposed to someone ill, or who have travelled within the last 14 days outside of Canada, to reschedule their appointments. Maintaining safety for all our patients and team is our ultimate priority.
2. We will be sending paperwork (screening and health forms) to you electronically prior to your appointment and ask that you email them back to us. If you are unable to email them to us, we will have a contact-free location to deposit them at the office.
3. You must wear a mask to your appointment. If you have a mask, please wear it to your appointment. If not, we will provide you with one.
4. Please brush and floss your teeth BEFORE you come to the office as there is no longer a Brush-In Center. Also, use the washroom at home prior as our washrooms are inaccessible at this time.
At the time of your appointment:
1. Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your appointment time. When you arrive, stay in your car or outside and call or text 250-960-9600 to alert us of your arrival. Patients will enter our office through the staff entrance on the opposite side of our Lakewood entrance (facing the Foothills plaza).
2. Where possible, we ask that each patient enters the office alone. Minors may be accompanied by one caregiver, and we ask that siblings/friends who do not have scheduled appointments do not attend. We will call, email or video call parents to update their child’s treatment progress after each appointment.
3. You will be greeted at the door by PAULA who will be dressed in full Personal Protective Equipment – do not fear! She is there to welcome you, ask you the pre-screening questions and take your temperature with a contact-free thermometer. Anyone with a fever or other sickness symptoms will be rescheduled. Hand sanitizer will also be provided at the entrance.
4. As always, we strive to respect everyone’s time for their appointments. However, please be patient with us as we implement additional sterilization procedures and new systems for your care and safety. All of us will look differently dressed in scrubs, gowns, face shields, etc. We are still the same friendly people underneath all of this garb! Younger patients may benefit from a friendly ‘heads-up’ before they come for their visit.
5. Please maintain the 6-foot physical distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the treatment chair.
Changes to appointments:
1. During our temporary closure we have started using virtual checks for our appointments with great success! Some of our appointments will remain virtual, in order to limit the number of patients in the office and to continue to assess our patients in between their physical appointments. We will contact you to schedule your next appointment and the doctors will determine whether a virtual appointment is appropriate.
2. There will be a limit on the number of staff and patients in the office at any one time during this transition. To minimize the number of patients in the office and ensure safety of all, our scheduling will reflect our required protocols. We appreciate your patience and understanding when booking appointments.
3. To minimize time spent in the office and interpersonal contact, financial contracts and scheduling of next appointments will be done over the phone, text or email where possible.
Physical changes you will notice to our space:
1. For physical distancing, there are floor signs to help guide you to keep your distance from each other.
2. We have placed plexiglass dividers at administrative desks and consultation rooms.
3. We have added air purification units throughout the office, in addition to the systems we already had in place.
4. We have disconnected our patient check-in screens, as well as the games in the reception area.
5. Magazines and books have been removed from the reception area, and the coffee machine/beverage station has been removed.
6. Our toothbrushing station has been converted to a hand washing station. Please brush your teeth and floss at home prior to your appointment.
7. Our washrooms are closed for regular use. Please remember to use the washroom before coming to your appointment, where possible.
Thank you for taking the time to read what we’ve been up to these past months. Stay tuned for more updates as we slowly begin this transition back to seeing you! We are so very grateful for all your support as we continue to do what it takes to keep us all smiling, no matter what the circumstances.
We are excited to see you again!
Yours Most Sincerely,
Dr. Francine Lo, Dr. Robert Elliott, and the Lo-Elliott Team